Today, 26 April 2012, at the Bank Head Office, located in Chişinău was held the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of EXIMBANK– Gruppo Veneto Banca.
During the meeting it was reported that by the end of 2011 the total assets of the EXIMBANK - Gruppo Veneto Banca increased by 3.5%, exceeding 3.5 billion lei, the loan portfolio decreased by 29.4 million lei (-1,2%) reaching 2 524.2 million lei, the attracted deposits from individuals increased by 44.6 million lei (+2.5%), reaching 1.822.1 millions lei.
During the reported year, the bank had a market share of 7.5% of total assets, 9.2% of the tier-one capital, 8.5% of the granted loans and 5.9% of accepted deposits in the local banking system.
The meeting enumerated the steps performed by the Bank in 2011, in order to assure a constant growth:
- In January 2011 has been certified as Merchant Acquiring by the payment system VISA Inc.
In 2011 the Bank demonstrated the ability to create added value for the national economy in which it operates, as well as for the sole shareholder of the bank, who over the years assured the development of the bank. Thus, the net profit in 2011 was 57.6 million lei, compared to the previous year's net loss of 145.9 million lei. The financial results improved the profitability indicators in the reporting year, with the return on assets ratio of 8.4%, exceeding the previous year by 12.7 percent and the return on the shareholders capital of 1.7%, versus -17.0% in 2010.
- In June 2011 the Bank launched a new loan product “Famiglia”, which can be used by borrowers for buying and renovating properties, with a term of up to 20 years.
- In July 2011 the Bank obtained a loan for 26 million USD, for 5 years from the International Financial Corporation, the division for the private sector of the World Bank.
- In August 2011 Branch no.7 of the Bank was relocated to a modern building, renovated according latest bank office standards.
- In September 2011 the Bank obtained the status of associate member of the Credit Bureau.
The annual General Meeting of Shareholders approved the distribution of profit for 2011, the indicators and profit distribution for 2012, the Reports of the Board of Directors, of the Censors Committee, of the Executive Committee for 2011, the Working Plan of the Censors Committee for 2012, the structure of the Board of Directors of the Bank and the remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Censors Committee, modifications in the organizational structure, the Statute as well as the Corporate Governance Code of the Bank.
KPMG (Moldova) has been approved as the auditing company of the bank for 2012-2014.